Who benefits from eduGAIN?
The eduGAIN service interconnects identity federations around the world, simplifying access to content, services and resources for the global research and education community. Through eduGAIN identity providers offer a greater range of services to their users, delivered by multiple federations in a truly collaborative environment; service providers offer their services to users in different federations, increasing their target market; and users seamlessly benefit from the wider range of services.
- More services for your users – enables them to access services from different federations
- Lower administration costs – thanks to easier technical integration
- Saves time - no need to make bilateral agreements with other federations
- Trustworthy - secure collaboration and exchange of information
- Grow your audience - offer services to a greater number of users
- Lower costs per user - your audience grows without increasing the demand for passwords and user support
- Offer more to your users - enables access to a wider range of services than are available locally or nationally
- No extra administrative burden - if you are already participating in a federation with Web Single Sign On set up
| Identity holders (students, researchers…)
- Access a wider range of services than are available nationally or locally.
- One digital identity and password for all services connected through eduGAIN
- eduGAIN is ‘invisible’ to you so you can access services without extra effort